Friday, October 19, 2007

We Are One Busy Family Fighting For Mike!




It has been a busy week of baking for the family! Judy, Bev, me and Judy's aunts, Alma and Edna, made cupcakes, brownies, rice krispie treats, cookies and muffins for the bike riders for tomorrow. I believe Alma and Edna made 25 dozen cookies! I hope there are a lot of hungry bikers that turn up!

I just printed out tickets this morning for Mike's spaghetti dinner on December 1st, so anyone wanting tickets please contact me at fightformike@hotmail.com. I will be taking tickets to Judy's tonight and they are going to take them to the bike ride fundraiser that is being held for Mike tomorrow. I have printed almost 260 adult tickets and 50 children's tickets for the event.


We found out that since we are holding the event in a church we cannot have a raffle but they did approve a silent auction. Our daughter, Lori & I will be starting to go out asking for donations next week for the door prize drawings and the silent auction. We are also going to see how much of the food we can get donated.


The basket sale is going great! At last count this morning there are only seven baskets remaining out of the initial order of 25 that Michelle got in. Michelle can order more baskets, so if you want one, and if you want it personally signed by Mike, you can just let us know! Email me at the address above!


This family is definitely full of go getters and these are the types of people that it is so great to be in a family with!


Mike is doing pretty good. Judy said his arm was swollen after his chemotherapy treatment on Monday and he is tired and weak from it. He still has that great attitude we all know and love and with that attitude, and his faith in God, he will pull through this!

No comments: