Monday, October 1, 2007

Amazing Strength

(Photo courtesy of stock.xchng)



Ever since I found out the other week about Mike's cancer returning, I have been totally amazed at the strength of Mike & Judy and their family. I keep wondering if I could be as strong as what they are if I were given the same situation.

When I talked to Judy on Friday she was telling me about her and Mike's upcoming plans for the weekend. Their daughter, Michelle, is a youth minister and I believe they were doing some type of fundraising event in Lancaster for their church. Judy said that she and Mike were going to help. She said that they are not going to stop living and they are not changing their normal routine or activities because he is sick. As long as Mike is up to it, he wants to go and do, and continue working, like he always has. I think that is a VERY HEALTHY attitude to have.

You can't stop living and I think that Judy and Mike both feel that if they just stay home and feel sorry for themselves, they will be giving up and giving in to cancer. As I have mentioned before, Mike's attitude is so great and if anyone can beat this monster called cancer, he can do it.

Today Mike starts his first chemotherapy session, so I will update after I talk to Judy. Keep praying!






















No comments: