Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thank You!



For the past few years I have seriously doubted the number of good people left in this world - until now. This whole thing with Mike has restored my faith in people and I realize that yes, there are still many good, loving people out there.

This outreach and showering of love for Mike and his family has been truly overwhelming and I am just their sister-in-law! I can't even begin to imagine how touched Mike & Judy must feel!

Since we found out that Mike's cancer was back and since this blog has went up, we have received many donations, prayers, well wishes, offers to donate items for his spaghetti dinner, offers to make desserts for the spaghetti dinner, basket sales - I could go on and on.

I have been going around to the local grocery stores the past two days and the local Giant and Weis stores have been wonderful in donating. At four of these stores, the managers didn't even hesitate when I asked if they would be willing to donate gift cards for Mike's spaghetti dinner.

You all know out there who you are who have been so generous to Mike & Judy and we thank you tremendously.

This has been a great opportunity for me to get to know some of Mike & Judy's friends and family also! I was able to meet two of their friends this morning when I delivered their tickets for the dinner and Vivian and her daughter, Heather, have a lot of love for Mike and Judy. Vivian was sharing with me how great the Metzlers have been to them.

There is hope...

Yesterday when I went to one of the local Giant stores, the manager told me that he had been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer; he was given a 1 in 10 chance of surviving. He was given three to four months to live - and that was over two years ago. He has been cancer free since that time. I told him he gave us hope for Mike and he was an inspiration. Miracles are out there and we know that there is one miracle being saved for Mike! If anyone deserves it, he does!





















No comments: