Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Challenge



Thanksgiving is a great holiday that reminds us that we need to give thanks regardless of our life's situations. When things are not going well in life it is easy to focus on the negative and we often forget that there are still things in our life to be thankful and grateful for.


What I have found to always help is to keep a gratitude journal. Ever since I became ill 17 years ago, I started a gratitude journal to record the things that I am grateful for. Even though I might wake up and not be able to do anything other than wash my hair, I record that I am grateful that I was able to do that small task. It helps through the difficult times and it makes you realize that even though things may be bad, there are still positive spins you can put on each situation. Instead of becoming a victim of "poor me", become a victor and learn from your experiences, grow and help others. Instead of complaining, put on a smile. It helps!


So my challenge to everyone this Thanksgiving is to start your own gratitude journal. Be thankful for every little thing you have and for every person in your life.


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: